Ambiguous name detected vba

images ambiguous name detected vba

More than one object in the same scope may have elements with the same name. But I don't have anything else with the same name. Qualify the element name by including the object name and a period. Sign up using Email and Password. More than one object in the same scope may have elements with the same name.

• excel vba Why is VBA saying that it has found an 'ambiguous name' Stack Overflow
  • Ambiguous name detected Microsoft Docs

• Ambiguous name detected.

06/07/; 2 minutes to read Procedure names are Public by default, but variable names are Private unless specified as Public. When compiling some code (declarations shown below) I get the error message ' Compile Error: Ambiguous name detected. SixTables'. Hello, I have searched high and low on the internet to try and figure out what is causing this error I understand why it is caused normally, but.
    Can you duplicate the problem with a new project?

This fact is also probably the reason for the tip about minimizing the use of public variables.

Having had this issue many times, and not fully understanding why, I think there is an important fact that I have tested, and someone can confirm. Again, this may have been kindergarten level information for professional programmers, but most on this are not pros, and have to learn these lessons the hard way, or through discussion boards like this.

End Sub In this case, you must change one of the names because qualification with a common module name would not resolve the ambiguity. Kairan 2, 20 46 For example, if MyID is declared at the module level of MyModuleand then a procedure-level variable is declared with the same name in the module, references to the module-level variable must be appropriately qualified:.

LOUISVILLE WOMENS LACROSSE

It may be obvious to professional programmers, but I place this here for those that seek these answers on discussions, who are usually not professional programmers.

Video: Ambiguous name detected vba SPELL NUMBER IN EXCEL 2007, HOW TO USE SPELL NUMBER IN EXCEL IN URDU , CONVERT NUMBER INTO TEXT

And when the execution of that sub is complete, the memory is released. Again, this may have been kindergarten level information for professional programmers, but most on this are not pros, and have to learn these lessons the hard way, or through discussion boards like this.

I knew I hadn't duplicated a name, since I was only using it once - as a function! This fact is also probably the reason for the tip about minimizing the use of public variables.

However, if you want to refer to both items in the same procedure, the item having wider scope must be qualified.

Hey everyone, I don't know much about but put together this code from a few different posts, but I am getting an error that reads: Compile Error. However I am getting a compile error ambigous name detected and the The ambiguous name error usually means that you have two subs within a Here is the attached file here but I have had to remove the VBA code to.

Solution: Damn I feel dumb, which I normally do when trying to debug code. turns out the code was fine and my first instinct was right; the.
    You may also leave feedback directly on GitHub.

However, if you want to refer to both items in the same procedure, the item having wider scope must be qualified. You need to provide more code and possibly all combinations ie. Read about this change in our blog post. Sign up using Facebook.

excel vba Why is VBA saying that it has found an 'ambiguous name' Stack Overflow

For example, if MyID is declared at the module level of MyModuleand then a procedure-levelvariable is declared with the same name in the module, references to the module-level variable must be appropriately qualified:.

Feedback Would you like to provide feedback? Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled. For example, if MyID is declared at the module level of MyModuleand then a procedure-level variable is declared with the same name in the module, references to the module-level variable must be appropriately qualified: I assume that changing the name does solve the problem per your post?

Sign in to give feedback. By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Really hoping you can help me out with what I feel should be an easy question. Just can't figure it out as my VBA skills are fairly basic.

I have. Ok I get Ambiguous name detected.

NF Close NF SetAttr INIpath, vbArchive LoadFile: Open INIpath For Input As NF While Not EOF(NF) Line. When I run the compile on my code the field name venue is highlighted in yellow.

Ambiguous name detected Microsoft Docs

field name seems to not be recoginised I replaced a.
    I assume that changing the name does solve the problem per your post? When compiling some code declarations shown below I get the error message 'Compile Error: By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie PolicyPrivacy Policyand our Terms of Service.

You may also leave feedback directly on GitHub. For example, if MyID is declared at the module level of MyModuleand then a procedure-level variable is declared with the same name in the module, references to the module-level variable must be appropriately qualified: For example, if MyID is declared at the module level of MyModuleand then a procedure-levelvariable is declared with the same name in the module, references to the module-level variable must be appropriately qualified: Our new feedback system is built on GitHub Issues.

Post Your Answer Discard By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

What appear to be the most common causes of this error, declaring two variables with identical names or giving the same name to a function and the sub that it is called from, do not apply. A variable declared within a sub is not "declared" memory assigned until that sub is executed.

You may also leave feedback directly on GitHub. Our new feedback system is built on GitHub Issues.

0 Comments to “Ambiguous name detected vba”